Guides for setting up browsers to access content.
The Bierton Crematorium website is fully compatible with the browsers listed below:-
- Windows Internet Explorer 9+ (excluding "compatibility views"), Edge, Chrome, Firefox
- OSX Safari, Chrome, Firefox (latest versions)
- iOS 7+ Mobile Safari, Chrome (latest versions)
- Android Android Browser, Chrome (latest versions)
- Windows Phone Internet Explorer
The site design will only be compatible with the latest sub-version of each of the above versions.
Changing browser text size
- Chrome: Select the "View" menu then "Zoom In" or "Zoom Out"
- Internet Explorer: Select the "View" menu then "Text size"
- FireFox: Select the "View" menu then "Zoom" or "Zoom text only"
- Safari: Select the "View" menu then "Make text bigger" or "Make text smaller
We do not offer text to speech facilities on this website, however there are a number of free and commercially available text to speech (or screen reading) tools you may wish to use.
NonVisual Desktop Access
- is a free "screen reader" which enables blind and vision impaired people to use computers.
Like many websites sometimes the information we have to provide is too large or complex to display on a web page, so we have to use pdf files.
The Bierton Crematorium website uses Adobe Acrobat .PDF files
To view these files you will need to have the free Adobe Reader viewer installed on your computer.
Get adobe reader
- if you do not have Acrobat Reader, download this software viewer free of charge.
The Bierton Crematorium website has been designed to deliver HTML content in accordance with the Web Accessibility Initiative's [WAI] Web Content Accessibility Guidelines [WCAG] version 2, to level 'AA' standards.
BBC - My web my way
- this site provides accessibility help, enabling computer users to make the most of the internet whatever their ability or disability.